Hello Friends! Today i am going to tell you how to connect two computer using LAN cable. This is very useful if you don`t know ho to connect computers using LAN. Some times we want to transfer some huge amount of data between two computers then we have to use LAN cable and by using this you can easily transfer huge amount of data. Here i am describe step by step with snapshot. This is very useful when you want transfer huge amount of data between pcs and for gaming purpose.
LAN Cable or cross-over cable
Steps 1: This is compulsory step.
- Open Control panel from the start menu and click on Network and Internet and click on Network and Sharing center.
- From the left sidebar, click on Change adapter settings.
- Under the Network connections window select the appropriate icon for your LAN adapter and right-click on it, then choose Properties.
- A Local Area Connection Properties box appears.
- Under the Network tab select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on the Properties button.
- Now set the addresses as mentioned below in each computer and click OK.
Step 2. you can use this step or step third. I recommend you to skip this step and use third step
Now, connect one end of the cable into the Ethernet port of Computer 1 and the other end with the same of the Computer 2 and apply the following steps in both the computers.
- Right-click on Computer from the start menu and select Properties.
- The system properties Control Panel window opens as shown below.
- Click on Change settings and the System properties dialog box appears. under the Computer Name tab, click on on the Change button to assign a WORKGROUP. Assign the same workgroup name for both computers otherwise it won’t work.
Restart each computer. It does not matter which computer you restart first. After starting both the computer, double-click on the Computer icon at the start menu and then click on Network from the left side of the explorer window.
In the computer 1, you should see an icon denoting your second computer’s name under the Network window. Similarly, you can see that the first computer has been appeared under the Network window of your second computer.
If they do not appear, you should get a message prompting to turn on Network Discovery and file Sharing. Click that security pop-up and select “make the network a private network”. In case, you may have to restart your computers.
Once you see the other computer in your Network computer window, just double click on it. If the other computer is password protected, you will have to enter the exact user name and password of that computer to get access of the shared folder.
If you want to share some files or folder of a computer with the other computer on the network, right-click on that and select Share with > Homegroup. Even you can share a total drive by right-clicking on it.
On ipmeg then it will show other computer also and you have many option like chating, file transfer , folder transfer etc.
This article is also at WeBlog-ifest2011.