The actcual meaning of MNP is mobile number portability by this service any mobile user change their operatror (vodafone,BSNl,Airtel etc.) without changing their number.
- First decide the new operator which you want to get.
- Now, send a sms from your current mobile number like this format
- Send this sms to toll-free number 1900
- After some time you get a 8 digit UPC code(unique porting code).
- Now, goto your nearest retiler and purchase a new sim card of new company which you want.
- And also ask for a MNP form (You can also download this form here : download)
- Fill MNP form properly with UPC code.
- Submit your document/ID proof.
- after one or two days a sms will come to your current mobile that say now,you can use your new operator sim
- then enter new sim card and use
- The whole procedure take maximum 7 days to complete